Thanks for your interest in submitting to New Island. We are currently closed for submissions.
Please note: no submissions sent during this time will be read or replied to. Please check back at a later date, or keep an eye on our social media for updates.
Generally, we seek submissions in the following areas:
Fiction: Novels, Novellas and Short Stories
Poetry & Drama
Non-Fiction: History, Biography, Memoir & Autobiography and Essays.
If you have a piece of work that you feel would suit our list, please follow the submissions guidelines below.
We ONLY accept submissions if they adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions are sent by email to: editor[AT]newisland.ie
- Submissions emails should include a cover note explaining the origins of the submission, the reason why the author has chosen New Island, as well as the following:
- a short author biography with links to social media profiles, websites, etc (if any exist) as a Word document (.doc or .docx) attachment;
- a one-page synopsis of the book as a Word document (.doc or .docx) attachment;
- Either three sample chapters, or six poems, (and, if Non-Fiction, a chapter breakdown) as a Word document (.doc or .docx) attachment.