Thanks for your interest in submitting to New Island.
We are currently closed for submissions while we catch up on the back log, and we expect to open them again in February 2018.
We seek submissions in the following areas:
Fiction: Novels, Novellas and Short Stories
Poetry & Drama
Non-Fiction: History, Biography, Memoir & Autobiography and Essays.
If you have a piece of work that you feel would suit our list, please follow the submissions guidelines below.
We ONLY accept submissions if they adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submissions are sent by email to: editor[AT]newisland.ie
- Submissions emails should include a cover note explaining the origins of the submission, the reason why the author has chosen New Island, as well as the following:
- a short author biography with links to social media profiles, websites, etc (if any exist) as a Word document (.doc or .docx) attachment;
- a one-page synopsis of the book as a Word document (.doc or .docx) attachment;
- Either three sample chapters, or six poems, (and, if Non-Fiction, a chapter breakdown) as a Word document (.doc or .docx) attachment.